OTT platform trends to watch in 2022 and how to choose an OTT platform
2022 is an exciting year for OTT platforms and streaming services. We see the introduction of many new device capabilities with the ability to connect and interact with each other.
There will be multiple uses for mobile devices and other technologies in the OTT space, from smart home innovations to expansion through smaller OTT streaming services.
It is also important to note that the number of people with access to OTT providers will increase significantly, as will the number of people using multiple services. Customers will flock to OTT platforms in greater numbers than to any other platform.
Key OTT platform trends to watch in 2022
- Live sports events available on OTT platforms
- Integration of social media into programming
- Increased focus on programming and education for children
- Increased use of VR/AR in games, movies and other entertainment purposes
- Streaming will become more affordable for viewers
- More people will use their mobile devices to watch content anytime, anywhere
- Content creators will need to find new ways to profit from their work without advertising, subscriptions or sponsorship
- The way content is consumed will change – people may watch at 2 a.m. on Tuesdays instead of 9 p.m. on Mondays
- Increased use of virtual reality and augmented reality
- OTT is growing excessively, with more than 100 million households in the U.S.
- Video streaming services are not just for young people – the fastest growing age group of viewers is those aged 55 to 64, who spend almost twice as much time watching video on TV or other devices as they did five years ago
Americans spend an average of 3 hours and 45 minutes per day watching online video content on computers and mobile devices, and that number is expected to grow.
This was found in a recent study of top OTT viewing trends. This may be due to the greater variety of content options available on these streaming services and the convenience and flexibility they offer viewers
Consider choosing an OTT platform provider.
A key part of choosing an OTT platform provider will determine how well your OTT business performs. A well-built OTT platform is everything for your OTT business.
- OTT platform builds your branded website and app
- White label video streams that allow the placement of corporate brand names and logos in front
- Video player with customizable options
- Analyze data to understand user behavior
- Video CMS to easily manage and organize video content
- Allows users to create individual playlists
- Different monetization options including SVOD, AVOD, TVOD and hybrid.
- Multiple DRM to prevent copyright issues and other security options must include AES encryption, password protection and dynamic watermarking.It must include other options such as offering coupon codes and promotional offers to attract users to the platform.
Consider choosing an OTT platform provider that can build an OTT platform for you where you can launch anywhere, anytime, without any technical help and provide you with complete support on the back end. Always ensure that no developer is needed as maintenance can be easily done without much technical knowledge.
With more than half of U.S. consumers cutting back on TV spending, it is clear that people are turning to online video sources to meet their entertainment needs and preferences. 2022 will see the emergence of many new OTT platforms as competition heats up between established players in the market, such as Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, and these companies are already investing heavily in original programming to capture consumers’ attention. If you need a good OTT platform service, contact us!